Monday, December 21, 2009

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."


I just wanted to start off by saying that the quote in my Title for this blog is by Helen Keller. I'm not real sure how she said that seeing as see was deaf. Then I thought, "she must've written it or something" buuut I thought she was blind, too? Ehh, whatever, she must've brailled it or something.

Well, once again, it's been about 2 months...

I honestly can't remember everything that's happened...I think we had Halloween, Thanksgiving...well, those are the big ones. Last weekend, Jessica and I decided to try out a new, very different church so we went to Deeper Life Christian Ministries. Oh yes, it was awesome. The choir was amazing and all of the leaders/soloists, the band, the preacher (I forget what they call him)...it was all great. We got so many handshakes and hugs you wouldn't even believe. I have never felt more welcomed and better received at a church in my life. It was really a great experience and oh yeah, we are planning to go back another Sunday before Jessica has to go back to Wilmington! :)

Anyways, I am finally on Christmas Break! I haven't had class since last Wednesday, but I just took my last exam today....finally...again. This past weekend had it's ups and downs...what would have been my 4th Bonfire (2 Birthday & 2 Christmas) had to be canceled because of never-ending rain but it ended up okay because a bunch of people came over to my house anyways. Always a good time. By the end of the night we were playing Apples to Apples and Catchphrase, like the mature adults that we are. The next night I had the 7th Annual Girls' Christmas Party with a bunch of the girls I graduated with and we went for Round 2 of Catchphrase. Once again, always a good time. There were lots of good presents, of course a couple Victoria's Secret giftcards in the mix somewhere, and can't forget those ever-useful Target giftcards...one of my personal favorites.

OH GOSH! I completely forgot to mention the fact that I got my hair cut. No, CHOPPED. When I say "chopped" I don't mean that in a sort of "Oh crap, it looks terrible" way, but rather a "Oh crap, it's really short" way. It IS really short and REALLY blonde...but I love it! I can't believe how quickly I got used to it either...as you can see in the picture, it's now ABOVE my shoulders. I don't think I've had my hair this short since I was about...hmmm, 3 or 4? Haha, the bowl-cut...thanks Janet. But yes, my hair is REALLY short and REALLY blonde so you can pretty much get a good mental image of that for yourself. I've already received the comments of "Lady GaGa" and "Kellie Pickler"...I'm not a fan of the latter, I don't think it's as short as her's was, and it is definitely not that ugly red that she has now.

But back to the weekend... the Christmas party was fun as always and it was great to get to see most everybody again and hang out....and eat. (....oh, and get presents..) Speaking of Christmas parties, tonight our Supper Club had the annual "Kids Christmas Party" and that was hilarious as usual. I had Heyward's name for the gift exchange and Dad had the GRAND idea of hot-glueing leaves to the box rather than wrapping it like a traditional present. Now, Heyward does like to go "huntin" and "fishin" and all that great stuff, so I guess the "Camo wrapping" was appropriate, but it was still funny. Needless to say, after Heyward "unwrapped" the leaves there was a mess on the floor.

All-in-all it's been a good time since my last post and I have nothing to complain about...which I really hope I never do because I'm sure whoever looks at this doesn't want to read that. So until next time -- which will probably be another 2 months -- Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy 20th Birthday to MEEEEE on February 5th!! Haha

Deuces
-Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment