Thursday, July 15, 2010

"When you are through changing, you are through." -Bruce Barton




Alright, of course it's been months since my last post...did I call it? Or did I call it? Anyways, a lot has been going on since December or whenever it was (I don't even remember), but honestly, I don't feel like typing that much so I'm just gonna make this short(ish).

Memorial Day Weekend: My whole family went to DC with The Johnsons (aka, Hadley's boyfriend's family)....ps, they are awesome! Okay, here's the deal..I did not even wanna go on this trip at first cause I just didn't think it'd be all it was cracked up to be....Boy, was I WRONG! We camped in VA and then rode our bikes into and around DC everyday. It was so much fun and hilarious!! On the last night (Sunday) we went to the concert at The Capitol Building with the National Symphony...that was pretty sweet. This trip was so much fun I can't even explain it, the Johnsons are hilarious and so much fun. It's funny seeing the differences between my family with 3 girls and their family with 4 boys, but that makes it so much better! Definitely looking forward to more trips with them in the future!

July 4th Weekend: Louise and I went to Savannah for the weekend to stay with my cousin Amy and Aunt Nancy. We went out on my other cousin Sean's boat all day, every day, which was always awesome. On the way down there we actually stopped at McDonald's for a quick bathroom break which ended up being a 30 minute wait for Louise's chicken wrap and my Smoothie. There, Louise met a family that said I looked exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) like their daughter who they had just put on a plane to Pittsburgh! We also saw a girl wearing her pajamas, but not just like a tshirt and sweats...this girl had on a "cute" little shorts and shirt outfit that had some sort of matching design. Let's just say, this looked like something my mom would wear...no offense, Mom. Louise and I laughed so much and had a really good time...except for a little misfortune on the way home :( haha...we won't go into detail. But all-around, the weekend was great and it's always fun to be with family.

Last weekend: Hadley, Mom, and I met the Johnsons out at Lake Buckhorn in Wilson, NC, to just hangout and ride their jet skis. Well, uhhh, we thought we were gonna ride the jet skis until a serious of unfortunate events took place and the jet skis were no longer functioning haha. Phillip (Bennett's bro) and I had a small James Bond movie moment out in the middle of the lake when we (yeah, WE, not just ME...Phil!) flipped the jet ski and then couldn't get it to start again. So, we're just chillin out in the middle of the lake hoping that no one comes speeding by to sever our heads with their boat motor. Haha sike, that wouldn't have really happened! Well, when Phil finally got the jet ski going again, he came whisking by at amazing speeds, grabbed my hand, and hoisted me up on the back and we sped away into the sunset. It was intense!! HAHA well it didn't happen exactly like that but it was pretty close. Anyway, later that night we went back to the Johnsons for dinner and of course, the fun didn't stop there...but I am.

This weekend, Hadley's friend Kelby from Oklahoma (OOOOOOOOOO -- klahamoa! Where the wind comes sweepin down the plains!!) and we're going to the mountains where I have no been in 3 years!!!! Well, I haven't been to our mountain cottage in 3 years, anyway. It is one of my favorite places and I cannot wait!! Next weekend, we're taking another 'Cousins Trip' to NYC and it will be completely filled with baseball, baseball, baseball! We're going to the whole series with Kansas City and we can't wait! (If for some reason you don't know me at all or any of my family or are just completely dumb, I am referring to the Yankees baseball games. Go Yankees!!) We are continuing to pray for Mr. Steinbrenner's family and friends.

I hope everybody has a great weekend and hopefully I'll remember to update more, except I don't know if yall care about my life but it don't mattaaaa. :) LOVE YALL!! Leave ya girl some comments, dang! Deuces.

Mal P

2 comments:

  1. I care about you. Yay for blogging.

    P.S. It's phil. Shhh I'm trying to be anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.p.s. It's Phil from day camp. Had to clarify because I see you know multiple Phil's....but still anonymous.

    ReplyDelete